Nick Cannon has shared some good news in the run up to the holidays, announcing that he’s finally back on his feet after being hospitalized with pneumonia.

On Monday (December 12), the media mogul took to his IG Live and showed fans he was back at work in the gym after being discharged from the hospital. In the video, Cannon revealed he’s on track with his recovery but still has work to do while thanking his fans for their prayers and best wishes.

“Appreciate all the well wishes and prayers, but we’re back to it, getting the heath grind back on,” Cannon said. “Thanks to everybody who joined, I’m feeling a lot better. I just want to talk to y’all to show that I’m back at it, out of the hospital, out of rest and recuperation.

“I’m back on my grind. I got to get my weight back up. I got to continue to rest properly, get my diet back to the way it was and I’m all in it. Got to stick around for them children.”

He added in the caption: “Early morning Live! 5am club! We back! Thank you to everyone for the love and well wishes and most importantly your prayers! The Ncredible Health Journey continues!!”


In addition to battling pneumonia, Nick Cannon revealed that this year is the 10th anniversary of his lupus diagnosis that has kept him in and out of the hospital since 2012.

Cannon first mentioned he was stricken with pneumonia on December 2, with a set of pictures showing him in the hospital but in good spirits. In his caption, the Wild’ N Out creator admitted he isn’t a superhero, just a man at the end of the day.

“Okay, so I guess I’m not Superman,” Cannon wrote. “I promised myself I would never be back at this place again… But this is a great lesson to take care of YOU or YOU won’t be able to take care of everyone else.”

The actor continued: “Don’t trip though, I don’t need any well wishes or prayers , just some solid rest and I will be back on the journey to becoming stronger than ever… it’s just pneumonia, nothing I can’t handle.”

The night before he recorded his video message, Cannon was on stage at Madison Square Garden performing live in front of a sold-out New York City crowd with his Wild ‘N Out crew. Even while he was dealing with pneumonia, Cannon was also in a somber mood.

December marks the one-year anniversary of the death of Cannon’s son Zen with Ayssa Scott. Baby Zen was born on June 23, but died due to a malignant brain tumor within a few short months.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *