24-Year-Old Russian Woman Dies After Dropping Charging iPhone Into Bathwater
A Russian woman was electrocuted as her charging iPhone 8 accidentally fell into the water as she was taking a bath.
According to the New York Post, Olesya Semenova’s, 24, lifeless body was found by her roommate in their apartment in Russia.
“I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, did not breathe, and showed no signs of life,” the roommate stated to the emergency operator. “I was really scared. When I touched her, I got an electric shock.”
Semenova’s death was confirmed by the paramedics who arrived on the scene. The retail worker died to her cell phone falling into the tub while it was plugged into the publication.
“The tragedy once again reminds us that water and an electrical appliance connected to the mains are incompatible,” the Russian emergencies ministry stated as a warning after the incident. This tragedy is the latest of a number of such fatalities in the country.